Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Own My LIfe

I'm currently reading Kathy Freston's book, "Quantum Wellness." I'm amazed by the way she presents this life changing information in such a refined and subtle way. Instead of trumpeting, she whispers truths that you instantly know are true. I highly recommend this book for anybody.

She wisely says, "We are all wounded in some way. We each have a sacred soft spot, the thing that cuts to the bone and gets our attention and forces us to awaken to our deeper selves, For some it is illness, while others it is constant drama in our relationships. But as I see it, the purpose of our lives is to grow and awaken to the most powerful potential that is seeded within us, and our most sacred mission is to apply our focus to getting unstuck where we feel stuck."

Maybe this explains why, as the days go by and I get used to having cancer, I feel empowered, strong, and wide open to whatever comes. Maybe not peaceful yet, but strong and ready for what the days ahead dish out.

It's a gorgeous day here in Utah and I'm going to do something fun.

Love ya - Jen

No comments: