Thursday, June 26, 2008

Take Your Power Back

A few days have passed since my rant below. I'm no longer mad about the Huntsman experience. When I get mad, not only do I give my power away to somebody else, but the energy it takes to sustain the anger is exhausting. In the case of the Huntsman visit, we all agreed (daughters and I) that we went to the visit with the expectation that the experts would provide answers, and many of them. Silly? Maybe. When it became clear that my only role in the Huntsman scenario is to simply deliver to them a bouncing baby tumor on their timeline on their terms, well you already know how I reacted.

We now see that our expectations of a caring holistic experience were off-the-chain silly. Or, were they? Utah isn't exactly the holistic capital of the world. But it seems like a basic to me. Regardless, having collected my power back where it belongs, I stand ready. We stand ready.


Paix - Jen

No comments: