Monday, June 16, 2008

Night Monsters

I'm realizing that as nighttime snuggles in with exhaustion from the day, little doubt monsters sneak into my psyche. After a few nights of terror, I realized that this is the most low-energy and therefore the most vulnerable part to my day. Negative thoughts creep in and wreak havoc in my otherwise sunshine-filled mind.

I've learned to counter the nighttime goonies by taking frequent rest breaks in my day, ensuring a longer night's sleep, and conserving energy on daily tasks. Also, I've banned all Internet researching at night. This is helping a lot. The best thing by far however, is to snuggle up to one of my beautiful daughters and admire their pretty fingers or study a beautiful curve in their face. If they aren't around, then I sit under the stars and breathe in the miraculous night air.

Cancer is gift that I am appreciating more and more.
Paix - Jen

No comments: